Forest and Wildlife Research Center | MSU Extension Service
Antler Development Publications
Back to Publications
- Antler development of white-tailed deer. Delta Wildlife (Summer Issue), pages 6-7, 28-29.
- Antlers. D. G. Hewitt, editor, In Biology and management of white-tailed deer. CRC Press.
- Influence of landscape composition and structure on antler size of white-tailed deer. Journal of Wildlife Management 72:1101-1108.
- Managing for Antler Production: Understanding Age, Nutrition, and Genetic Influences. Forest and Wildlife Research Center, Research Advances 7(1), Mississippi State University. 4 pp.
- Mapping Antler Expectations. Quality Whitetails 20(3):58.
- Physical and chemical characteristics of antlers and antler breakage in white-tailed deer. The Southwestern Naturalist 50(3):356-362.
- Regional Variation in Antler Size - Genetics or Nutrition? The Habitat (Anderson-Tully Co.) 22(1):1-2.
- Regional Variation in Antler Size - Genetics or Nutrition? Wildlife Issues Fall/Winter:5
- White-tailed deer antler research: a critique of design and analysis methodology. Journal of Wildlife Management 74:193-197.